EllyA

Wedding in the woods

7 posts in this topic

Hello! I hope it's alright I type in english. 
A little backstory: me and my fiance have been engaged for nearly 2 years now and decided it's time to get married. However exiting it is.. neither of us know anything about weddings and it's proving to be harder than thought. I am from Estonia, he is danish. We have been together for 4.5 years overall. 

Now, to the wedding part.
First and foremost... our wedding would be really small and intimate - only us and a handful of guests (all together there would be 8 of us). And secondly we would love a wedding in the middle of the woods with a party there afterwards as well, something in boho style, fairly fairytale like.. but don't know if it's doable or how and where it would be doable. Lastly, if anyone has any information on how paperwork works (specially since I am a foreigner), it would be awesome!

I appreciate any help!!!  <3<3<3 
På forhånd tak!

Annonce ♥

On 2/15/2019 at 3:54 PM, EllyA said:

Hello! I hope it's alright I type in english. 
A little backstory: me and my fiance have been engaged for nearly 2 years now and decided it's time to get married. However exiting it is.. neither of us know anything about weddings and it's proving to be harder than thought. I am from Estonia, he is danish. We have been together for 4.5 years overall. 

Now, to the wedding part.
First and foremost... our wedding would be really small and intimate - only us and a handful of guests (all together there would be 8 of us). And secondly we would love a wedding in the middle of the woods with a party there afterwards as well, something in boho style, fairly fairytale like.. but don't know if it's doable or how and where it would be doable. Lastly, if anyone has any information on how paperwork works (specially since I am a foreigner), it would be awesome!

I appreciate any help!!!  <3<3<3 
På forhånd tak!

Hello Elly. Where in Denmark do you consider to get married?  I would contact the Danish Embassy about the paperwork- over the last couple of years, it's gotten more difficult to get married  in Denmark, if you weren't born here. Best of Luck. :-)

Where i Denmark do you live? Or maybe more so,  where do you want the wedding? 

Edited by Frigga

I can see you er from Herning,  not completely my area,  but close. I am normaly oriented from Viborg and "up".

My surgestions on a wedding in the woods wold be:

Rent a scoutcamp (spejderhytte), most of them have nice natur suroundings whitch will be your privat place, you will have a stove to heat up dinner and a fridge to cool down the bubbles. Toilets and a place to sleep after the party - even though that part will not be luksury. 

Eksample: http://www.resenborg.dk 

In my nearby-area we have plenty of public shelterplaces in forrest-areas. Some of them could be used since you have so few guests. I would think you will have some in your area,  but I can't know if there is anything that will fit. 

A lot of them have shelters, tables (some with roof), water, fireplace,  some kind of toilet (most are composttoilets nok a "real" toilet). But some will only have shelters and a fireplace. To find out you will have to take a roadtrip to tjek them out. Some of the places allow putting up tent - that does not meen partytents, but in your scale - who would notice? 

On the possitive side they are free to use, on the negative side they are public and can normaly not be reserved,  so you can not be sure to have it to yourself. 

Edit: Just foud out Herning kommune let you reserve their shelters! But if you can only reserve a number of sheltets or you can reserve the full place I do not know. 

You might want to tjek bed&breakfasts in your area. Some are farms that might have that forrestspot you are looking for,  and the fleksibility to help make a fairyparty. 

If you want my help on finding at shelterplace or a scoutcamp let me know. 

I have no idea about the paperwork. 

And maybe someone else on this forum know how to find someone to performe the cerimony. You can always ask the lokal preast but I think they will often be reluktent to do the ceremony outside church. 

Edited by Frigga

Annonce ♥

If we are talking Herning you could look at Sinding Feriecenter or Harlev Mølle

If you are still here you should take a look at this place. It popped up in an old tread from a forrestwedding. 

Hi Elly, fellow foreigner here. I can't be much help in terms of location since I'm looking for places myself, but I can help with advice on the process of getting married in terms of paperwork. If you don't have a permanent residence or unlimited residence here in Denmark, you will have to send your application via statsforvaltningen: info here: https://www.statsforvaltningen.dk/site.aspx?p=9555. You'll also need a single status certificate/ cert. of no impediment from your country (you should probably be able to get it from your consulate or embassy if you aren't planning to return anytime soon), a copy of all pages of your pas, and your residence permit. The process is relatively straightforward and done online. :) Hope this helps!